1 large bunch green asparagus, cut into 3-inch long pieces
1 large green pepper, cut into 2-3 inch long strips
1 bunch mushrooms, quartered
1 onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons margarine
3 tablespoons dried mint
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons honey (or other sweetener)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon flour
5 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups quinoa
3 1/3 cups water
1 cube vegetable bouillon, or 1 teaspoon vegetable broth powder
a handful of fresh mint leaves, sliced into strips (optional)
1. Boil 3 cups of water, the vegetable
bouillon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a saucepan. When boiling,
add the quinoa, bring to a simmer, and let cook while covered
on low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the water has evaporated.
2. Mix half the olive oil, the dried mint, black pepper, 1/2
teaspoon salt, and honey in a cup and let sit.
3. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan at medium heat,
add the onions, and stir occasionally for 2 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and margarine, and continue stir-frying
for 2 minutes.
5. Add the asparagus, pepper, and 1/3 cup of water, mix well,
and cover. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring every
few minutes and adding more water if the bottom of the pan
6. Add the mushrooms, mint sauce, and flour, and mix well.
Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are
tender, stirring often.
2. Turn off the heat. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Serve
over the quinoa and sprinkle the fresh mint leaves on top.